Technical leadership is not a specific role, it is a mindset. In this episode we talk with Adam Bergstein (@n3rdstein), V.P. of Engineering at Hook42 (@hook42inc) about what it takes to be a technical leader. In our discussion we tak about behaviours and traits that technical leaders embody and exhibit. Adam shares his personal journey of becoming a technical leader. Explaining how developers of any level, from junior to senior, can become leaders themselves. You have the opportunity to embody these traits to grow your development career.
- Technical Leadership is a state of mind, not a specific role.
- Leadership is not about being the smartest person in the room.
- Lead by example and empower others.
Three Leadership traits
- Focuses on quality of their work.
- Constantly learns about business needs and team needs.
- Not afraid to fail and helps others when they fail.
Links from this Episode
Previous Episodes Mentioned
Have an idea for a future episode?
*We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.